Monday, July 7, 2008

Start Here: Convert It! by Michael P. Brown

Upon the recommendation of many other EV (Electric Vehicle) websites and blogs, I purchased theis book - Convert It! by Michael P. Brown with Shari Prange.

Thank you!

It is easy to see why this is the book to start with. A very straight forward 125 or so page. Just what I needed at this stage of the game.

The subtitle is "A Step-by-Step Manual for Converting an Internal Combustion Vehicle to Electric Power" ... (somehow I didn't notice this when I was shopping)...and that is exactly how what it is!

From the removal of the original gas engine, to maintaining your electric vehicle ... its all there.



I started out trying to read it cover to cover ... but I got so excited that I began skipping around ... batteries, suspension, wiring .. etc. I will soon settle down and read it from one end to the other.

I was initially concerned that the info would be outdated - as it was originally published in 1989, and my copy was published in 1993 - but it is all there. The one thing I believe to be different is the the fact that over the past 15 years parts have become more readily available and very possibly cheaper.

Get it. Get Started. Enjoy!

This is exciting. Very, very exciting.

No comments: